Monday, February 8, 2010

Things for which I am thankful

It’s bright and sunny and although it’s a cold February day, I am happy. Happier today than I have been in a while. The reason: who knows, but I’ll take it.


This makes me smile... 
 
... And this does too.**

To commemorate this happy day, here is a list of things that made me smile today (and there’s a
lot of them!):

 
  1. A lady crossed the road today while I was stopped at an intersection. She wore leopard print gloves and a smile as she strode across the street with purpose. A purpose with a smile: a lesson learned.
  2. A new-style police car complete with non-descript markings to alert the driving public that it was, in fact, a police car. Talk about sneaky! Who did they think they would fool? Not this fool, that’s for certain!
  3. Hitting every green light on the way to work and beating the boss in. That almost never happens.
  4. Having someone tell me I look thinner in the face and that my almost 7-lb. weight loss to date is becoming noticeable. Just think what 20 lbs. will be like!?!
  5. Stepping up and stepping out to go dancing on Saturday night and realizing how much I missed it.
  6. Good friends and not just those who pay lip service and tell you what you want to hear. Want to know the lowdown? Just ask Anasatan and Mags. They’ll boost you up but also get your head out of the clouds, all with a gushy, love-filled centre. Oh, and a “Quack, Quack, Muthafuka.”
  7. Knowing I don’t have to wake up early on Monday morning. It’s the provincial PD-Day – you may know it as “Family Day” or as my U.S.-made calendar calls it “Heritage Day.”
  8. Donning a “meh, whatever” attitude upon hearing my boss had a hissy fit over something I may or may not have done. I have no clue so I’m feigning ignorance, and it’s bliss.
  9. Knowing that the New Year marks a new beginning and a forward look to the future of what I want to do and not what others see fit for me. Quack, Quack, Muthafuka.
  10. A clean house and a light mind. Yes, it’s all light and sunshine in the Scribe household (we can actually see out of the windows now that they no longer have nose prints on them… and they’re not mine!).

 
Okay, that’s the list, but there are others I just can’t think of right now. I’m working on making this mood last. Some say exercise is the key. I think it’s forgiveness and a sometimes swift kick up the rear.

 
Quack, Quack Muthafuka.
 
** Chaplin image "borrowed" by Stephen E. Wise, visionary artist. Visit him at www.stephenewise.com.
It's worth a look!

 

5 comments:

  1. Great day - It's wonderful when people do notice the weight loss.

    Hope it keeps going
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a beautiful day. That pic made me smile BIG.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Scribe!! Sometimes when you're just happy for no reason - all the great things happen because of it. Have fun dirtying your windows again ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww...I'm thankful to have you in my life too. Good friendships are worth working on because lets face it, you don't get too many and unlike your family, friends can walk away if you don't nurture them. So even if you become a crazy lady with a pet goose, they will still be there for you. Quack Quack Muthafucka!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Lulu: It's continuing, come hell or high water. I'm looking better and my outlook has definitely improved. I'm even hitting the gym.

    @ Summer: I'm glad someone else smiled at those photos too! Glad I could share.

    @ Ange: Thanks Ange! It's amazing what effects a good attitude will have. Oh, and the windows are dirty already - thanks to the boxer beast! But he's worth it!

    @ Anasatan: Quack Quack Muthafuka. Thanks for last night's kick in the ass too. I'd never walk away from you. Well, only if you poured sulferic acid on my genitals then yes. LOL Never pour sulferic acid on your genitals - that's the best advice I've ever heard... ever!

    ReplyDelete