Thursday, December 10, 2009

My love

The Man and I have been talking Christmas lists (he might have read my blog and paid attention the hints I've been dropping all over the place). Tonight, he asked about spending limits. Limits? How can you put a limit on love, I asked. And this is my love...

I've cheated bloggers. I first reported that I yearned for the Nikon D90 12.3MP Digital SLR Camera with 18-105mm VR Lens Kit – and all the accessories. I've since traded up, and here's why...


Isn't he beautiful? I thought so too. So you can see why I had to cheat change.

I'm not even sure how much this beauty costs. I haven't had the heart to check since I know it's a big-ticket item and one that WILL break the bank. So when the Man asked about limits, I was uncommonly silent. Am I being greedy? Yeah, kinda, since I know that my budget for his gift is nowhere near the amount he'd have to fork out for mine (if he were to succumb to all of my whinings suggestions). He asked for the least romantic gift. It's not a kitchen appliance but close: a proper chair for his computer desk.

Right now, he's using one of the kitchen chairs. While stylish and ideal for sitting at a kitchen table for an hour or two, it won't do when spending a couple of hours in front of the computer. It doesn't have armrests, which he says are necessary.

It's utilitarian vs. extravagance. He is going to get his chair, wrapped with a bow. I'll just have to wait and see if he can convince Santa to go halfsies with him on my Nikon lover.

2 comments:

  1. It's not an extravagance at ALL! It's necessary tool for your work as a serious blogger and artist. It's your ticket out of your day job. And if you need to rest your arms while at your desk, how much work are you doing I ask you ?? ;-) Good luck with Santa!! PS - As to the champagne: I used to hate the stuff because of the headaches... it all changed one day in France!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some of those office chairs can be pretty expensive, so get him a nice one, and maybe you won't feel so bad if you get the camera.

    ReplyDelete