Not everything sucks. There are definite positives, most importantly my outlook on life, so I've decided to create a thankful list before I depart on my sabbatical.
- A great group of friends, both online and in the flesh. Your words of inspiration make me smile, laugh, live.
- A renewed quest on the job front. I've handed my updated resume over to a firm with a promising venture. It pays well and I get a chance to work with great people. I believe I'm on the short list, so fingers crossed. Eyes and toes too.
- Dedication and work in the gym and out. I'm still a little sore from my weekend warrior workout, gardening on Friday (planting) and hitting the gym and the treadmill and eliptical on Saturday (I was up early, motivated and energized). And, it felt like a two-hour stint in the garden transferred into the feeling and fatigue of straight-legged dead lifts in the gym without the personal trainer screaming in my ear to do five more, four more, three more... you get the picture.
- The Man. He may still give the dog a run for the money in the flatulence department, but he's incredibly supportive. I'm blessed.
- Excitement for the future,despite recent happenings.
- Realization of my own greatness. I'm a good person and people like me, damn it. More importantly, I'm learning to like myself, flaws and all.
Scribe out, yo.