Tuesday, April 13, 2010

KFC, WTF!?!


KFC  makes me hurl and shart... at the same time. I was even more mortified when I saw an ad for their latest creation, the breadless, bunless chicken sandwiches that uses, you guessed it, pieces of chicken to hold the cheese and whatever other heart attack-inducing item together. The KFC Double Down... more like double cardiac bypass...

I like junk food or fast food as much as the next guy, but come on!  The fact that the Canadian marketplace has yet to put its stamp of approval on this new take on a chicken sandwich speaks volumes. The Man noted this evening that KFC Canada is waiting to see the outcome of the situation in  the States. What's the situation? The fact that dieticians and people with common sense are reeling and screaming for the item's departure from the KFC lineup.

First, there's the fat. That's a given, since KFC will be doubling it's fried meat quota in one sandwich. But apparently the thing that warrants the most concern is the sodium of level in just one sandwich (and I use that term loosely). It's over the daily sodium quota, according to health guidelines. In.one.sandwich,  never mind about the always popular sides: fries, coleslaw and macaroni salad.

I thought they had scraped the bottom of the barrel of possible food items when they brought out the chicken bowl, which combined their ever-famous fried chicken with mashed potatoes, gravy, cheese and a whole salt lick (just kidding about the salt lick... or am I...). I realize now that it's just the start.

It will be interesting to see the backlash from Health Canada, dieticians and doctors here in the Great White North, but I suspect that there will be more than a few people willing to take a chance.

8 comments:

  1. Ah...I read about this...cannot imagine so much of Fat in one single dish...ughhh

    As it is I am not a fan of KFC so double ughhh for that...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wow.

    The sad part is, I could so see myself eating this as "hangover food". Gross.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it looks delicious. Sorry. :P I'd so eat that if they threw some pickles in the middle. What I think is gross are those "bowls" that they have, where they just slop mashed potatoes and other crap all together in one dish. Now THAT is gross. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like something Fat Fat Sucker made in art class. Not something I'd be ingesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know what's sad...with all the Hype on the news about this thing, I bet that KFC exceeds their projections on the sandwich (if u can call it that)

    ReplyDelete
  6. And then it will come into Canada and I'll have to explain to my neice and nephew why it's not so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My arteries just slammed shut looking at that. My boyfriend is drooling. He says he hopes it comes to Canada soon. Only he says he'd put all of that between bread. Plus extra mayo. BLECH!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've had several of these and I love them

    ReplyDelete