Tuesday, March 1, 2011

It's March, people!

There's nothing lion-like about this first day of March. While there is still a slight chill in the air, the sun is shining, the birds are chirping, the squirrels are running willy-nilly in front of my car... and Scribe has a bit of a spring in her step.

I'm sitting at the William's Coffee Pub with coffee in hand and laptop in front of me. I've got only 30 minutes left of battery life so it's my cue to begin to log off and pack up. The moral of this spring story for me is that I got out of the house, if only to sit amongst fellow coffee patrons and peruse the job ads on jeffgaulin.com, Workopolis, LinkedIn and other sites promising great jobs for great wages. Fingers crossed, friends...

Besides signing up for a free webinar on the secrets of getting hired by new-age employers, I also did something I should have done back in December... my Drive Clean test and my licence plate sticker renewal. I've been driving around town all illegal-like and it was doing a number on my psyche. It's not so much that I was scared of Big Brother and the Ministry, but I was getting a little nervous when I spotted the Po-Po, even if it was 500 metres away. What if this is my time.... when my luck runs out...

So, to give me better odds I bit the bullet and handed over the $120 for the test and the renewal stickers so Scribe can now say she's legal. It's a weight off of my shoulders, and I couldn't believe it was weighing me down.

Speaking of weight, tonight I will hit the gym again to get the cobwebs out of my head allow me to sleep soundly for the remainder of the week. It's my new routine: get up, look for work, get the frig out of the house and into the gym for a little head-space clearing.

At least now I don't have to worry about running into the very understanding policeman/woman on my way to lessen the weight, both literally and figuratively from my shoulders (and other areas too).

Happy March 1st, blogosphere.

No comments:

Post a Comment