Friday, July 31, 2009

Kittywompus!

Psst. I love the Urban Dictionary (http://www.urbandictionary.com/). It's taught me so much in so little time. I now know that assclam is not in the dictionary, but ass clown is.





Ass clown (noun) : one, who, through the fault of his parents conception, is a skid mark in society's collective underwear; an unmitigated fool or jerk; a sad sack; a tool or goof; One whose stupidity and/or ineptitude exceeds the descriptive potential of both the terms ass and clown in isolation, and in so doing demands to be referred to as the conjugate of the two.


I was thoroughly disappointed to see that assclam was not in the dictionary, but then I saw the silver lining (okay, I pulled down t he cloud and stitched in the lining myself): I was truly an original and will continue to "invent" words that should be incorporated into the dictionary. If only I can get more people to use them. So far, bum fluff has not warranted any new mention. Neither has crotch rot, but I will persevere.


My good friend Magnet started the urban dictionary love affair earlier this week with her new blog (simplylaur.blogspot.com). There, she introduced me to a new word that she insist I look up. Kittywompus - my imagination started to run rampant, which is really nothing new (for those of you who read about my sperm tea. Yes, you read that right). Kittywompus - a romper room for kids? And who really uses the term romber room? A cat fight gone array? A wombat convention? No, it's when your world is askew, crooked or disorderly. I know that feeling all too well. Sometimes, it's several times in the same day.


I don't think I'm alone, given the conversations I've had with numerous friends. As I approach 40 (gasp! Yes!), I'm a little more introspective, looking at where I've been and where I'd like to go next. The tough part is mapping it out, the roads to take, which routes to demolish and which ones to expand. I'm tired of the old map full of potholes, sometimes self-dug, old familiar roadways and the same damn scenery time and time again. It's time for change. I just have to figure out what that change is.

I'll be a kittywompus for now but if I stop too long in the rest area, kick my ass, arrest me, throw water bottles at me. Howl at me. I'll be sure to move on.


5 comments:

  1. I like assclam so much better than ass clown-- how could it not be a word?? I'm going to start using it anyway. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ass clown I've heard of, so your assclam was truly a breath of fresh air.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Use away, Kim! No royalties on this one.

    Akilah, there's nothing like a little assclam to give you a breath of fresh air!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it...I think I hear a new one every other day here in NYC !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome NYC! We can trade if you like! I'm always looking to expand my vocabulary!

    ReplyDelete