Thursday, May 7, 2009

Introducing Scribe-ilicious

Okay, so I did it. I took the plunge and created my first blog. I'm a newbie, so go easy on me.

An introduction is in order. Hi, my name is Linda, but you can call me Scribe. I've been a writer since I could hold a crayon, creating stories for my stuffed animals, real animals and anyone else who would listen - and that includes really bad poetry in my teens. I mean really, really bad. I was full of angst and woe. "O lowly moon, do not weep for me," my friends would joke. I was Emo before that term was coined. The teenagers today have nothing on me. My mother, who shall be referred to as "Mags," 'cause she so does not suit that name, calls it my black phase and I think she believes I'm still in it. It's quite the opposite in fact; I'm full of laughter and light and a bit of twisted psychosis, which you will probably see displayed here. Don't worry though - I'm harmless. Honest. Cross my heart and hope to spit.

So, why am I blogging? Besides the fact that I want to keep up with the young'uns (I don't really. Honest.), I was searching for another venue for my writing and freelance writing for web sites may pay the bills but it doesn't pull at the heartstrings or stir my creative juices. I look at Scribing Life as an escape where my mind can race, I can spew out ideas and muse about my life as it stands now.

My first blog was going to be a retrospective of sorts - looking at my life now and remembering where I've been and then maybe I can find out where the hell I'm going. I remember when I was five wondering what it would feel like to be 14. At 14, I tried to look ahead and think of my life at 18, then at 21 and moving on to 30. Let me tell you this: this is not where I thought I would be - living in a townhouse in the same city where I was born, divorced (best thing I ever did by the way; I firmly believe that people should be married at least once) and embarking on a new relationship with my boyfriend, my 8-mth old boxer Kao and Bella, my 15-year-old soccer ball with a head cat. I thought I would be well-established in a writing career, married with three kids and living in the city. Instead, I'm stuck in the suburbs, my compass reliant on the same coordinates I was born into and wondering again when my real career and real life will begin.

But, this is my real life. My Scribing Life, and I'm here to make the most of it. Come join me as I navigate the next chapter with humour (yes, I am a Canadian and the "U" is intentional), a little bit of self-deprecation and just a wee bit of insight into where life will take us.

Let's get started!

1 comment:

  1. Seriously, I cannot express how much I truly enjoy reading your writing. It makes me wish that I had continued on in my own writing ventures. Oh the dreams we have, lose, regain or move on. Still, we are alive, working and have loved ones (including the furries!), so we cannot truly complain. Oh fuck it...Of COURSE we can complain! Is it not our God given right?! lmao. I just like to bitch.

    And yes. I will be the 3rd ;)

    ReplyDelete